Friday, February 12, 2010

doughnuts

whew....after rereading my last 2 posts I decided I really need to get something else on here to cover up the naughty talk.
So.....I decided to blog about my doughnut making experiment.
Dexter and Grandma Belle made homemade doughnuts earlier in the week. Sunday I believe. Well, a plate of doughnuts doesn't last long on this homestead and after sinking my teeth into that warm fresh glazed treat the little voice in my head kept saying..
you should make doughnuts, more doughnuts!
Then, I logged onto my favorite blogs and found the Pioneer Woman and just posted a doughnut recipe.
Was that fate or what?
Tuesday, Dex and I set to work making doughItalic. My lack of patience led me to attempt a speed rise-which wasn't such a good idea. I had to throw away about a dozen crusted hard lumps that I had placed into a low heated oven. Oh well! After following the directions of Pioneer Woman's recipe exactly the Davis Herd doughnuts didn't turn out too bad.
okay, they don't look as purty as hers but that frying is tricky! Some are golden..some are brown:( I'm not much of a fryer and constantly ask Dan do ya think that's enough oil? lol

There is something about doughnut making that makes me feel like a real pioneer woman.
Where's my bonnet?

We're making more dough tonight and plan to indulge again over the weekend.
Sure hope we can climb on a horse and fit in our saddles come spring:S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they look wonderful! You need a bonnet as you are a pioneer woman!
Lindsay

Lori said...

Good Work!!! They sound great!

Anonymous said...

Your doughnuts look alot like mine used to. Gary's dad, Harold, loved fresh doughnuts and I don't think I've made them since he died in 1985! I am sure impressed -- Sue U.