Thursday, February 11, 2010

lastnight

Last night as we sat down for an early supper, before Dexter's basketball game, Dawson informed us of a naughty word a classmate, Colton, had whispered in his ear at school.
My thoughts were how bad of a word can a kindergartener know?
So, I asked him to repeat it this one time.
Well, low and behold I nearly choked on my mouthful of food!
My toothless brown eyed 6 year old boy leaned over and sputtered j*ck*ss with BIG SAUCER EYEBALLS!
Honestly, I was thinking he was going to say butt or poop or anything BUT j*ck*ss!
As I gasped for air, swallowed and gasped for more air I did my best to tell him I was glad he knew that THAT IS a bad word and I hoped he wouldn't use such language, ever!
He informed me he wiln't.
That's his southern IA way of saying "will not" or "won't".
The story continues with while on our way to town Jaxson asks if the Bloomfield High School will ever be a college, again? For those of you unaware Blmfd is in the process of building a new high school and at one time I mentioned to the boys that the current high school's 3rd floor had once served as a junior college. Or, i think that's what i was told? Anyway, I responded to Jaxson with an I doubt it. He was a little bummed.
Remember previous post : tight knit bunch.
From the backseat Dawson pipes up with a loud "then I"m going to home college".
Problem solved!
Home college? I guess he picked that up from an add on t.v.?
You know, earn your degree from home....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think they could learn more at home then at college right now. Now, in several years their oppinion might change! They might learn much more then that "bad" word learned in kindergarten. With technology, they may be able to get a great degree from home -- Sue U.

Anonymous said...

We were thrilled to have Dawson spend a few hours with us and the puppies! That young man is growing up very quickly! He had me in stitches...and I so enjoyed his stay with us! I hope that he did too! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! And such a young man and good communicator! ~Lisa~