Saturday, February 27, 2010

born to boogie

This past week Dexter attended his first middle school dance. It was scheduled immediately following school and I assumed it would be nothing more than another recess...with music.
I mean, when I think back to my middle school dances it was a bunch of giggling groups of kids thinking about dancing.
Right?
Well, at 5:15 I was to town and waiting for my preteen.
As I sat all alone in the silence of my mobile I reflected on how fast my boys are growing up.
Middle school, already!
I watched as girls walked out in fancy dresses, high heel shoes, smiley faces and flushed red cheeks.
Could this really be the present or was I looking into the future through a crystal ball?
Then I spotted him! My baby, my first born.
Walking straight at me with a grin from ear to ear. Coat wide open and blowing in the warm 30* breeze. His hair wet around the perimeter, sweat beads sitting on his nose and his cheeks as red as if he just ran a mile.
My conclusion....my baby was born to boogie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you are getting ready for a different stage! Bet he is a dancing machine. Fun to watch them change and grow up but a little bittersweet, too. Girls will invade the Davis herd one of these days! Sue U.

Anonymous said...

DEXTER is EXACTLY LIKE HIS MOTHER AT THIS AGE!! A dancin' machine and the life of the party!! :-) Watch out GIRLS!! :-)
~~ Grandma Sheri ~~