Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winterjam Tour

Friday night we jammed out in DesMoines at the 2011 Winterjam Tour.

It was the boys first concert and they were in ahh of the flames,volume,broken drum sticks, number of people,and realizing you can't judge a Christian by their looks.

The tour consisted of approximately 9 different bands with a variety of music types. The group RED left a lasting impression with their "heavy" sound and flame show. *you could literally feel the heat* , David Crowder was Dan's favorite. They're a group from TX with a lil' bluegrass tone to their music. To me they look like Amish in English clothes. One of my favs was Francesca Battestelli- checkout her song called This Is the Stuff on itunes, it's an instant sing along. Other groups rating high on my list were Kutless, Sidewalk Prophets and Dawson's favorite...the Newsboys. He loves the song titled One Shot.

We didn't hear much of the Newsboys as we departed the concert at 10 sharp to head for home. Anyone that knows me realizes I like to rise and settle down with the sun...crawling into bed at 12:30 at night isn't on my like list. Regardless of the late bed time it was a fun evening. If you ever have the opportunity-GO! What other concert can you go to for a $10.00 admission fee?

2 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like a GREAT time. We got to see the Newsboys at the State Fair last year, the drummer is a HOOT! And Francesca Battestelli is one of my FAVORITES, did she sing, "I'm Letting Go"? Love, Love, Love that song.
I'd say your night was well worth $10.00!

Anonymous said...

Sound like you and the cowboy gave your family a little taste of different entertainment! What a great outing. Bet the boys get pretty good at drumming etc.! Sue U.