Sunday, January 16, 2011

stranger

Saturday Dexter and Dawson stayed home alone.
We were gone to cheer on Jaxson and his teammates at their basketball game.
I trust those boys home alone and often have memories running through my head of the days when I stayed home by myself....or with my sister and brother.
Oh how we would fight.....
I used to spend hours locked in the bathroom, sitting on the vanity, as my sister jabbed her tap dance stick under the door trying to poke my feet. I must emphasize this was not a gentle poke, it was fierce stabs at my feet with great attempts to draw blood...
You're forgiven...love you sister ;-)
There was no fight Saturday...at least not to my knowledge.
But we did receive a phone call during the middle of the game that a stranger was at the house.
A stranger that made the boys' hearts pound with fear.
A stranger that drove the boys to hideout underneath Mom and Dads bed.
A stranger that had pulled into the driveway, got out of his car, and entered the garage.
A stranger that pounded on the entry door into the house.
A stranger that cracked open the house door and threw something inside.
A stranger known as...........
THE MAILMAN!

No comments: