Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What do I know?

Quickly, because I really don't have time to be at the computer, I wanted to blog about the sweetness of my 10 year old. He's smitten with a classmate. Honestly, he has been for a good year now. Well, in the last month, these two 4th graders, have decided they are now dating.

When I was a 4th grader kids were going out. Well, NO, that was 6th grade. When I was in fourth grade I was still asking for cabbage patch dolls and boys were gross:) Times have changed:(

Anyway, after an afternoon of errands in Ottumwa I arrived home, pulled in the garage, and was greeted my wonderful hubby who was sporting a humongous grin. He opened my car door and whispered in my ear that when he walked into the house our 10 year old was fixing a small gift bag of chocolates and candy canes for his special friend.

I immediately went into a coughing fit, the news taking my breath away, but concluded it was a really sweet gesture that HE HAD DONE COMPLETELY ON HIS OWN.

I'm proud of his thoughtfulness but left doubting my own predictions. I really, really, really, really thought he was the guy who would only care about sports and that girls would fall farther down on his important list until he was older-much older!

What do I know?

I know I would have LOVED to have been in the classroom today when MY 10 year old sweetie, handed his special friend, threw at her, dropped at her feet, that small little gift bag full of chocolates and candy canes. I'm thinking that both of their faces were shining the color of Rudolph's nose?

No comments: