Thursday, December 16, 2010

Santa

Every year I pull out my collection of Santa photos with the boys sitting on Santas lap. I proudly display them, all of them.
I'm still a sucker for the magic of Christmas.
Because we've had photos taken with some really bad Santas the boys are typically full of comments and questions. These words easily roll right off my tongue to calm their inquisitive minds,
"that big jolly guy can't be everywhere! Mr. Claus has many jobs for his elves this time of year. Besides building toys, Santa sends out some of his favorite elves to dress up and pretend to BE Santa Claus. Which one do you think is the REAL Santa? "
The pointed fingers begin indicationg :D
This year, as I pulled out each precious photo from the box, smiled, and dusted'er off Dawson flew at me with words I was none to prepared for.

He looked at this photo and hollered,

Dad, IS THIS YOU? Sure looks like YOU! Look at Santas eyebrows! I think it's YOU!

As if on cue, I gave the proper, light hearted, chuckle and out rolled those famous words right off my tongue.....
"that big jolly guy can't be everywhere! Mr. Claus has many jobs for his elves this time of year. Besides building toys, Santa sends out some of his favorite elves to dress up and pretend to BE Santa Claus" Which one do you think is the real Santa?"
After much deliberation Dawson has deemed,"this Santa is REAL!........ Maaaaaybe?"

No comments: