Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nightmare Christmas, Rotten Rascal

Our Christmas experience this year has been....every parents nightmare.
My all to honest 7 year old has, unfortunately, not been receptive to learning good manners :(
It's one of those events that I can't decide weather I really should share?
But I will, for your enjoyment, and in hopes of releasing my inner turmoil.
KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It all began on Christmas Eve.

After receiving 2 platters of cookies from some dear friends a third friend stopped by with more homemade goodies. We are so blessed! Because I was cleaning my bathroom I failed to here the knock at the door. My 7 year old answered the call and came screaming back to the bathroom, platter in tow......more cookies Mom! I met him with a smile, appreciative of the delicious treats, asking him who delivered when he continued with....I told them to keep'em we had enough but she said oh no you keep them, have somemore".

I'm pretty sure I was blue in the face when I asked, you said what........, oh Daws ee!

The next incident was that night as we unwrapped gifts with Grandma. He chose the biggest, grandest gift in his pile of 3 to unwrap first. After shredding the paper and discovering it was a paper jam guitar he exclaimed, these things are junk they don't work.

Seriously, whose kid is this? Had I not been concerned about breaking the guitar in front of Grandma I would have jerked it out of his 7 year old hands and beat him over the head with it!

It's not over yet........... I know, I should have thrown him in a snow pile and left him there. Had I known, Oh if I had known..........

Now, here we are hosting Christmas. After unwrapping an autographed cap he states I already have one of these......I think the gasps that filled the room slightly thumped at his manner radar. He quickly followed with a but it's not signed so thanks.

Better but not great. I'm scanning the room.....Is there a rug big enough to crawl under around here?

Our Christmas adventure with the little rascal is not over yet. I wish!!! Please....you Mother's out there. Tell my I haven't failed at my job and his behavior is not indicative of my parenting.

The last scene played out when he opened an itunes gift card and loudly and boldly informs the giver, Itunes! I don't use these.

Okay! Okay I say! Is Christmas over yet? I'm POSITIVE this kid of mine deserves nothing but coal! What a rotten rascal!!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I totally understand, Tayden unwrapped a pair of pants at his birthday in November, shrugged his shoulder and says, "I won't wear these, as he tossed them over his shoulder." They were cargo jeans, and thank goodness they were from a Grandma that is didn't hurt her feelings. The next were Wrangler he unwrapped and said, "Yep I will wear these!"
They can be so rotten, therefore every Christmas we attended this year, I reminded him of that and how rude it was!
No I don't think that is an example of your parenting. Remember how nice Jaxson is to Tucker, that is an example of your parenting!

Anonymous said...

Kids will be kids and it takes awhile to get them where you want. I'm sure he was being prefectly honest and all there understood. Keep working on it-all is well. Your boys are perfect gentlemen when I'm around.

Anonymous said...

Oh jeeeez, I'm a little nervous about giving him his gift this year after reading this haha!
~Jackie