Friday, August 26, 2011

monkey tails

Do you ever snack on this old treat?  I think I can remember buying this healthy snack at my favorite childhood amusement park.  I'm not sure if I enjoy them because of my younger years, or because they are chocolate and banana! OR, maybe it's because monkey tails are appropriately named to fit into my daily life....which can be a zoo? Anyway, try them sometime.

6 bananas peeled & cut in half
insert popsicle stick
dip in orange juice
freeze on pizza pan(30 minutes)

melt 1 good cup of chocolate chips with 1 TB shortening

dip frozen bananas in melted chocolate
return to pizza pan, return to freezer

resist 30 more minutes, if you can.

TIP:  Hide 1 or 2 monkey tails in a baggie in the freezer under the frozen veggies for yourself! Once discovered they quickly disappear! 

No comments: