Tuesday, April 27, 2010

no. 2 lead pencil

Part 1

I'm fed up with technology today.
I often feel as if we, the American people of the world, are becoming over stimulated.
We have over sized t.v.s, ipods, computers, cell phones/text messaging, blackberries, gaming systems, GPS systems, high tech digital cameras...what else?
When I try to sit in silence, I can't.
I can literally hear the hummm of technology.
It perturbs me.
Yes, I am thankful for a few modern conveniences:
running water, refrigerators, A/C & heat.
And venting on the Davis Herd blog is much cheaper then weekly therapy sessions
BUT
Was the world not working perfectly with small t.v.s? Boom boxes and radio? Writing letters? Real phone conversations? Board games? Learning to read a map? And a no. 2 lead pencil?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY Understand and "Like"! I feel your frustration!