Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hobbies

Hobby 1:
Finally, i say finally, after a good long break, I climbed back into the saddle of my lil' orange bicycle and went for a tiring 27 mile ride. I would have been fine with 15 miles the first time out, and considering the windy conditions; however, cycling sistah takes no slack. I love that about her, though. She makes me a better cyclist.
Watch out RAGBRAI 2010-this year marks five in a row!
Hobby 2:
I'm ready to pursue another passion.
The Davis Herd Wrangler would like to become a beekeeper.
STOP screaming, gasping or laughing-those are the typical responses I get-and help me get started. PLEASE.
I would like to be an assistant beekeeper this year for a little hands on training. Do any of you know a beekeeper? Or know of someone who knows a beekeeper?
I've been doing my own research and would like to have bees on the farm by next spring.
I did see an add for beekeeping instructional training to be held May 1 at the Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage in Rutledge, MO. I would really like to attend and shared my wishes with Dan. He prefers I not go alone....he's afraid I may stay and dance, dance, dance. lol
Sooooo any takers?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Dancing Rabbits??? Once you see the natives you might change your mind, ha ha! I might have some connections, let me ask around.

Anonymous said...

Jes -Monica Blum and her husband, Bill, had a stack of bee things before their house burned. Now they live at Ida Klickers on the Troy Road. I don't know if they took the bees or if they did not survive the fire. Just a small lead. Good luck with the Rutledge Dancing Rabbits - hope that's not the nudist colony - maybe just a bad rumor. Sue U.

Anonymous said...

Your serious? Oh no! Good Luck!!!
Here are some links:
http://www.agriculture.state.ia.us/Entomology/beekeepingInformation.asp

and there used to be some beekeepers in Davis County. check with the Farm Service Agency in Bloomfield. They should have a list of any Beekeepers in the County.