Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flying fists

Deep in the dark hours of the night Dawson still likes to climb into bed with mama & papa bear. Depending on how well I've been sleeping, & the time of night, my reaction to this can very. Sometimes he staggers back to his room sad or I'll let him fall asleep but pack him to his bed or he just stays snuggled in.

In that event my sleep is disrupted! Dawson sleeps with his feet pushed into mama-papa bears back, nearly lays on top of you or you're startled awake by the slap of a flying fist.

Last night; however, I smiled as I listened to Dawson's bedroom door open & heard the patter of his feet across the floor. He climbed up into bed right beside me, patting my leg.
I smiled at his touch because these moments, I realize, will soon come to end-QUICKLY.

For when school starts, and Dawson feels the exhaustion of everyday kindergarten, he'll be too sleepy to wake & nestle up to mama and papa bear-I'm sure of it!

So last night I cherished the closeness......and the flying fists:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you enjoy the small things. They are the best! Sue U.

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! I miss the boys already! This brought tears to my eyes! I can not believe they are growing up so so fast! <3 Jackie