Monday, August 24, 2009

4 minutes!

I do believe this middle school schedule is going to be good for Dexter.
Last night at the supper table Dan & I had to chuckle at his story of being late to study hall.
(his 2nd period/class)
He explains to us that he was informed he had 4 minutes between classes.
(locker, bathroom, water fountain...whatever... but 4 minutes)
Wellllll knowing Dex he meandered!
I can see the picture all to clearly: he's thinking WOW..i got 4 minutes! he let every kid go in front of him at the water fountain..waited patiently for all students around him to get in their locker....heck! he has 4 minutes! ;) Said "hi" to his brother that passed him in the hallway..half way to his classroom he had a thought.."I should of" so he went back to his locker..why not?..4 minutes! LOL:)
Dexter continues his story with..
"well when I got to class EVERYONE was already in there, yep! I was late-the last one! They all looked at me and the teacher said "have a seat"."
Dan & I laugh....he adds,
"it's a loooong ways down there"
We laugh harder!
As his mom I know his face was supporting the school color..so red nearly maroon when he walked in late :)
Thankfully; at this point, Dex is laughing with us....
Perhaps tomorrow he won't meander..and realize he only has 4 minutes!

No comments: