Friday, August 14, 2009

Peachy

I love the taste of a juicy fresh peach. In fact, I love most things peach. So, when I saw the Dutchman had peaches on sale by the bushel, I new I had to have some.
Not 1 BUT 2 bushel=EeeeK!
My mind was swirling with all the goodies that could come from those wonderful peaches.
I'd start with canning peaches by the quart,
then perhaps can some peach pie filling and
finish with some chunky peach jam.
Not to dampen my peachy excitement but the knowledgeable neighbor lady(my mother-in-law) warned me...
"make sure they're good...you really need good peaches!"
Well....the peaches are good. They're just NOT PERFECT! To have beautiful canned peaches you need a firm, but not hard, ripe, but not mushy=PERFECT peach!
So...here I sit...still deep in peaches.
REMEMBERING that I chose this moment.
I reflect on how as the boys ate their supper I stood peeling peaches over the sink chanting
"I love peaches, we love peaches".
"Right? I love peaches? Let me think...hmmmm"
I now wait for yet another timer with the hope that I might have concocted & salvaged something edible from those must have not so perfect peaches.
We shall see?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You are such a peach!! lol :] I had a similiar experience, but instead of peaches I was stuck in the kitchen with mom doing tomatoes!