Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pockets

Of course if I had pics I would be almost as fabulous as Pioneer Woman...but I don't.
Trust me..their quick, easy and delicious.

3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 TB melted butter
1 can shredded chicken(of course you could cook and shred your own, about 2 cups)
2 TB milk
chopped onion, if your heart desires(I cook EVERYTHING with onion)
salt & pepper
1 pkg. crescent rolls

Cream together all ingredients minus the rolls. Divide the rolls into four rectangles.  Press perforations together and put about 1/2 cup mixture along one long edge of the crescent roll rectangle. Fold the other half of dough over the chicken and crimp edges with a fork.  They should look very similar to the frozen Hot Pockets.  That's why I called'em: POCKETS!  Brush your pocket with additional melted butter and top with crushed croutons.

Bake 350* for 20-25 minutes

I came up with this recipe Saturday when I was in need of feeding 6 hungry mouths.  It was quick, hot and satisfied their growling tummies.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Rachel Beran said...

Sounds yummy!!

Rachel Beran said...

And I make everything with onion too! :)