Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Confusion

Have you heard about the mysterious Iowa Powerball winner?  The individual who waited a year to show the ticket and claim his/her winnings....millions of dollars?  At the supper table the other night hubbs made mention that the latest speculation is that the winner may be an illegal alien?  Perhaps?  But at the mention of the word alien six beady eyes pierced us as my 13 year old said...
What?  Aliens? You think an alien from outter space bought a ticket? 
Haha....we had to clarify.

The same night I sat at my sewing machine finishing up a baby shower gift.  My 11 year old was shooting hoops on his Nerf hoop and chatting away.  He asked when I was going to be giving my homemade gifts.  I explained Saturday at the shower. 
Shower, he questioned? Why is it called a shower? 
So much confusion with the English language.

I understand their confusion....in my mind a blackberry will always grow on a bush! teehee

No comments: