Saturday, November 19, 2011

I love Columbia!

Over the past couple of weeks I've been digging for winter coats, gloves, and hats.  It's that time of year again in the heartland. Besides the tough Carhartt coat that is needed for the daily chore routine here on the farm I've chosen to invest in the Columbia coat for my cowpoke as school coats (life off the farm coats) because of their warmth and durability. I've justified spending a little more moo-lah on the quality item because with 3 cowpoke I can often pass them on down the line getting the goody out of the sweet investment.
Last year Dexter's not so old Columbia(1.5 years) coat blew the zipper.  He was beginning to out grow the coat and it was the dead of winter.  A new Columbia coat was purchased for him and the broken one was thrown into storage.  When I came across the broken zippered parka this year I considered pitching it, or attempting to put a new zipper in....the coat was in perfect condition otherwise.  The job appeared to be above my sewing abilities so before tossing it I decided to send Columbia an email. 
  • On a Friday night I sent Columbia an email.
  • Columbia responded Monday.
  • I mailed the coat and all parts(detachable hood) off for inspection....no receipt.
  • Sat back to wait...could possibly take four weeks.
  • They had the coat back to me within 2 weeks-new zipper in place!  It's like a brand new coat!
I LOVE COLUMBIA!

I love Columbia because they stand behind their products.
I love Columbia because they are made in Portland, Oregon-USA!

No comments: