Wednesday, March 2, 2011

hammers, hives and blood blisters

Most of my loyal blog readers know that I have been inquiring about beekeeping for sometime. Last month I attended a very informative bee keeping class that prepared me to take the next step and purchase the necessary equipment and honey bees to make the thought a reality.

Yay!!

So, feeling confident, a couple of weeks ago I placed an order with The Dandant Co. of Hamilton, IL and drove to pick up the ordered supplies. Since then, I've spent a fair amount of time constructing and hammering; along, with deepening my bee knowledge through books and websites.
I'm proud to inform that after 1000+nails, a slightly more toned bicep, and 2 blood blisters I've completed three hive bodies, three brood chamber, 6 supers and 72 foundation frames.

I know, bee keeping lingo...how about nailed together ALOT of stuff.

Now, I meander around the farm looking for the best hive location & wait patiently for my little buzzing honey bees to arrive.
Take a look....don't I look professional.

OK, STOP laughing now, please....

No comments: