Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scrumptious glazed carrots

I have never been a huge fan of cooked carrots but this simple recipe has changed my thinking.
1 small pkg. baby carrots
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 pkg. hidden valley ranch dressing mix
Place carrots in a sauce pan with 1" of water. Boil and cook 8-10 minutes until crisp tender. Drain and set aside. In the saucepan add remaining ingredients, mix until well blended. Add carrots, stir about 5 minutes over medium heat until glazed.
Scrumptious I say:)
And, the rest of the Herd likes them, too!
Easily doubled

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds yummy...i usually make with brown sugar and butter, but have never thought of adding ranch! I can't wait to try it.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I really like cooked carrots and like Linds have never tried ranch in with them. Brown sugar and butter is magic for alot of foods. Glad to have a new food to try. Hope you are Tucker get along today - Sue U.

chels said...

Jess!
This was DELICIOUS!:)

I made it last night.
YUM! Keep sharing your yummy receipes!