Wednesday, December 21, 2011

GIFTS

This time of year it's all too easy to become wrapped up in the did I spend enough or what I want part of the Christmas holiday. As a mother of 3 children I've struggled with if it is best for them to each have the same number of gifts to open or more fair to have the same amount of total money spent on them; regardless, of the number of packages?

As I've done my best to teach my boys it's better to give than to receive and the reason for the season I've also decided to not solely focus on the gifts under the tree but the gifts from the heart that we often look over.

Honestly, I can recall very few of the gifts I have opened over the years. When I think back to Christmas' past I see the most heartwarming gifts were not wrapped packages at all. The things that bring true joy to my heart are the Christmas Day hugs from a brother or sister, the laughter of an aging parent/grandparent and the wondrous expressions/giggles of the children.

Here is to hoping you receive an abundance of heartwarming gifts this holiday season!

2 comments:

jodie (www.allgoodinmommyhood.com) said...

So true, the memory holds onto the people and not the "things".

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Rachel Beran said...

Sooo true!

Our pastor reminded us at our Christmas Eve candlelight service that Christmas is about relationships...relationship with God first, then relationship with others. They are the best gifts!

Hope you had a fab "gift-filled" Christmas and many blessings to you and yours in 2012!