Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Question Friday

1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
Dad decided one BIG gift was the way to do Christmas approximately five years ago.  BIG it was! He flew my family of 5 and my siblings along with their fams to Miami where we boarded a big ole' cruise ship. Cruise we did.....what a blast!! My kids STILL talk about it!!   
2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever receive
Surprisingly I have never been part of a White Elephant gift exchange but I do remember being a teen and unwrapping a festive Scottish Terrier sweater vest from my grandma.  I'm pretty sure I didn't sound legit with my, "Thank you, Grandma. I LOVE IT!"  
**Sweater vests really didn't "rock it" with my banana clips........     


3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
 Wild, crazy and this year leaning forward.  We're just hoping it doesn't crash before the BIG day. 


4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
 Simple!
I DO NOT iron!
5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
 Party mix, sugar cookies, peppermint bark, caramels, fudge, pretzels dipped in white chocolate and decorated with sprinkles, swedish oatmeal cookies and every Christmas morning......monkey bread.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Christmas Present? Trip taken to Tx. Christmas Tree? Colored lights and 25+ Years of ornaments and memories! Rumpled Clothes? Remove immediately from dryer and hang...otherwise, pull out the ironing board! and finally: I have a New recipe: Peppermint Brownies. Rich and Yummy! I love the Chocolate peppermint bark at Christmas! Cookies, Cinnamon Rolls, chocolate, dipped pretzels, chocolate, oh heck...I just love everything sweets and eatable!!!!!!!!!! Brownie recipe has peppermint bark on top: Call for recipe! I will photocopy it for you!
~Neighbor~

Anonymous said...

Oh my it sounds like goodies are aboundant at your house! It is fun reading about your Christmas past. I am shocked that those wrangler, western shirt guys of yours don't require ironing! Enjoy the Christmas season and keep peace in your pace! Sue U.