Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sooo simple chocolate chip-oat cookies

When I'm in a real pinch for a sweet treat or need something quick to bake and take, I always turn to this so simple chocolate-chip cookie recipe. And, the bonus, they REALLY are good! I decided to whip a batch up for this evening..or an after school treat and I guarantee they won't last long. Unless, I stuff a few in a freezer bag and shove them to the back of the freezer, behind the bags of frozen veggies.


1 package yellow cake mix

I've found some real steals on cake mixes lately....the one I used today was $0.69.

1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup old fashioned oats

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350*. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Stir together cake mix and baking powder in large bowl. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; beat by hand until well blended. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Do not overbake.

No comments: