Thursday, September 23, 2010

Herd Carpentry-not for hire!

Well over a year ago Dan & I had to cut holes in our drywall to replace junk faucets in our tub/showers. We temporarily disguised the holes with cute art work the boys had made, as we pondered how to repair our drywall. My extremely talented grandfather, a master carpenter, explained to me how he felt best to repair. I did my own little You Tube search, as recommended by a friend, and felt quite confident after viewing the video. I learn best with pictures.

I was ready to impress and show I had inherited those master carpentry genes.

I cringe to admit this....my carpentry skills still need perfecting, a little.

In desperate need of a drywall saw, which we do not own and I couldn't find one to borrow, I improvised with my stainless steel tomato slicer knife. It worked like magic! No kidding!
It was sooooo sharp I nicked a small hole in the pressurized water line and water came spraying at me like some kid had me held up with a squirt gun! I jumped, and went screaming as fast as I could to the basement to shut off the main water line into the house.

Shoo! Glad I could think to do that! Another plus, I even knew where it was :)

Returning upstairs I was relieved to see the spray had stopped. I surveyed the small puddle within the wall as I debated my next move.

Call hubby? Or back to You Tube?

What do you think I did?








I..............surrendered and called the hubby.
I hated having to do that!

After a minor plumbing repair, it really was minor, I continued my carpentry job this morning, with the hubby. After some deep conversation the repairs are complete, with NO DUCT TAPE!

In case you're wondering,
Davis Herd Carpentry is not for hire ;)

No comments: