Thursday, June 3, 2010

3rd grade

Earlier this week I was phoned by Jaxson's teacher and asked if I would be available for a fun game the last day of school.TODAY. I gave my sure reply and asked what game?

Are YOU smarter than a 3rd grader? said Mrs. Swan.

My immediate thoughts...Man, what have I agreed to? What kind of authority will I have with Jaxson all summer if I don't pass this? Worse yet, what if I embarrass him?

So, that night at supper I did what any SMART parent would do. I asked Jaxson for a few "sample" questions. I was asked 2 questions before his Dad chimes in with a ..Hey bud, she's tricking you.

Bleep, bleep, bleep...Thanks alot DAN! Why don't you scoot your smart lil' cowboy self up to the classroom and play the game!

My last night study session was over.
I thumbed through a few homework sheets this a.m. and ventured off to school.

Thank goodness, I AM just as smart as a third grader. Shoo!

For fun, let's see if YOU are smarter than a 3rd grader?

How many bones are in the human body?
In a magnetic reaction what 2 ends attract each other?
True or False? The planet Saturn has rings?
Name the planets in order.
Name the 7 continents and the 4 major bodies of water.
Spell "baby" in the plural form.

No comments: