Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zucchini Chip Snack Cake

Typical to this time of year, I'm always looking for recipes to use up my over abundance of zucchini. I made this cake yesterday and it tastes even better today(seriously, I ate an entire row!)
I thought I would share....the recipe, lol:)
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
1-3/4 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-1/2 c flour
2 T baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 c buttermilk
2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugar. Beat in oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in zucchini.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. bake at 350* for 45-50 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: