Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm off

Wish me luck! I'm off on my 4th ragbrai adventure tomorrow and looking forward to the challenge. I have some training miles....not the most I've ever had BUT as many as I'm going to get. Unfortunately; I travel with the 1000 mile club and they like to get in my head with all their, "how many miles do you have?" I've told them I'm throwing away my odometer :)

The week of ragbrai, for me, is a time to reconnect with the kid inside. It's time spent with silly girls, the big orange beast of a bus, my coleman sleeping bag, crisp fresh morning air, my little orange bicycle, curbside snacks, fun music, ice cold drinks, my natural beauty(NO makeup for a week! ) & overall "life is good" jolly people.
My home away from home...the SIC bus! (Southern Iowa Cyclists)
I'll be back in a week!


WARNING: my story might be different after 442 miles on a bike with 7 nights sleep in tent..lol)!

No comments: