Friday, February 3, 2012

Ice Cream **MAGIC**

The Davis Herd frequently indulges in ice cream. Preferably vanilla topped off with a few more calories, goodies.    I've listed a few of our favorite toppings below.     

Hershey's Syrup
Sprinkles
Peanut Butter
Honey
Crushed Cookies
Dry Cereal
and Magic Shell.

We may use them alone... but often have a combination of atleast two.

Oh how we love ice cream! 
I'm blogging to inform you of a recipe for homemade Magic Shell.  And if you  your kiddos enjoy the hard shell magic it's more than worth it to concoct your own!  

First, hunt down a jar of Coconut Oil. 
Now, this isn't available at my small town grocery store so I had to put this on my "big town" grocery list.  I found it in the Organic section of the grocery store, it was a bit pricey, but I reminded myself of some of the crazy money we spend on other things and decided to go with it. 
 Also, I was surprised to see Coconut "Oil" is a solid.
 It looks like Crisco in a glass bottle. 
I just thought you should no that so you're not confused...or you think it's bad or something.
Anyhoo....


Next, grab a bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet chocolate chips.  For melting purposes I decided not to buy the generic brand this time. 
Head home....You're ready!

In a glass mixing bowl place 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (measured when solid).  Place in microwave for 1 minute(depending on your microwave).  When the oil has completely liquefied, stir.  The oil will melt your chocolate chips.  Stir until smooth. It will be runny!
Poor into a glass bottle/jar(I used a honey jar) as you will reheat in microwave as need.
 
In our case....nightly.  
Store in refrigerator.

HIS.....nearly half-a-gallon topped with homemade hard shell *magic*!
HERS.....the little dab left in the corner of the container!

MEANIE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a professional looking blog! You have gotton creative and your barb look is so tough and manly. Great ice cream ideas! Miss your herd at the ole Troy Church. Enjoy checking in on your life and keep us posted. Sue Utt

All Good in Mommyhood said...

Oh my word. LOVE magic shell. Is there anything greater??