Friday, June 3, 2011

highlight and funnies

The Davis Herd has been in high gear the past month. I wanted to catch you up on a few of the highlights and funnies here on the farm.


The first highlight came after Jaxson won the fastest time of the night in his FIRST IRCA rodeo. He roped that scootin' tootin' calf at the back end of the arena. It was the only catch in the breakaway event durning Sunday evenings competition. This enabled him to fill his pockets with the day money. His time also earned him a 4th place paycheck in the weekend rodeo. It was thrilling.....who would have thought? First rodeo=$$$$.


Then, for those of you who can speak with idioms you may not find this funny. I, however, am not one to roll those silly sayings right off my tongue and it was the first time I had ever heard it.
Therefore I laughed my hind-end off. Dan, as he stared out the sliding glass door, peering west into the horizon, he announced in his hillbilly twang...."herea comes another goose drownin'. BAHAHA, with the downpours we have been having that idiom was perfect.

Lastly, we are doing yet another remodel job. As DX watched them lay the linoleum down he saw they were using an empty cardboard tube to roll out any air pockets. Remembering his "childhood" ,and the good ole' days, he offered them his play-doh roller. FYI: rolling pin. That totally cracked me clear up!

No comments: