Friday, July 30, 2010

century

I'm happy to report that I survived my 5th RAGBRAI. This year I was only able to partake of 4 days but it challenged me to ride the Karras Loop.

This loop adds a few extra miles to an average 80 mile day giving the cyclist the opportunity to ride what has become known as a century ride; 100 miles, 1 day.

Cycling sistah, Mitzi, was there for every mile too.
WE DID IT!

Other things I enjoyed were:

A viewing of the Bad Boys (self contained cyclists that haul BBQ grills, coolers, a full bar, radios and who knows what else)

A tent that didn't leak! Woo-hoo, yipeeee!

My Torsk supper at the Half Moon in Clear Lake. SCRUMPTIOUS!!

Lots and lots and lots of laughs!

A saying I overheard from a wise cyclist passing me on route:
Wife happy, life happy!
Wife mad, life be bad!


Until next year......

1 comment:

Lori said...

Great Job Jess!!! That is an accomplishment!